Jointly built by the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Education and the Shandong Provincial Government, Shandong University of Finance and Economics (SDUFE) provides doctoral, master and bachelor degree programs, which were established in 2013,1993, and 1952 respectively. The university is ranked among the leading universities in the University Undergraduate Teaching Evaluation of the Ministry of Education. 1t mainly focuses on economics and management, with eight major disciplines including literature, law, science, engineering, education and art. In the evaluation of The Degree and Postgraduate Education Development Center of the Ministry of Education in 2017. SDUFE has entered the top ten universities of finance and economics in China.
The university aims to build itself as one of the first-class Chinese universities in finance and economics. It also aims to promote the development of other disciplines, gain a higher academic reputation in China, and expand its international influence in the world.
The university was granted admission to international students in 1993. In 2011, the school won the admission qualification of the Shandong Provincial Government Foreign Student Scholarship.
Currently, the university has international students from 58 countries, including language, degree and exchange students. Among the 300 registered international students in the School of international Education, students with academic qualifications accounted for 53.3 percent, and language and exchange students for the remaining 46.7 percent. There are two National Quality Courses in English for international students
After years of development, the university has given full play to its academic advantages and strengthened its characteristics in finance and economics. It is not only a platform for cultural and economic exchanges but also specializes in Business Chinese teaching. It bases on excellent Qilu cultural resources and highlights the characteristics of cultural education. The development in economics and management, improved English teaching degree programs and a complete system of international students' management and service have contributed to the program development.
There are 24 schools (departments) and 62 undergraduate programs. It has four first-level discipline doctoral degree authorization centers in applied economics, business administration, management science and engineering, and statistics and ten first-level discipline master degree authorization centers and 14 master's degree categories, such as MBA MPA, etc. It has three first-class disciplines in Shandong Province, including applied economics, management science and engineering, and business administration under project construction. On December 28, 2017, the Degree and Postgraduate Education Development Center of the Ministry of Education announced the results of the fourth round of subject evaluation, in which two first-level disciplines-applied economics and business administration-were B+ and two first-level disciplines-management science and engineering and public administration-were B-, making SDUFE one of the three province-owned universities in Shandong Province with more than two B+ disciplines and the only province-owned university with B or above in economic management disciplines in Shandong Province.
SDUFE is equipped with modern classrooms and laboratory facilities. The library at SDUFE has a wide and varied collection, as well as advanced electronic reading rooms and data retrieval systems. The campus is beautiful, safe, and convenient. lt is equipped with great student service facilities including dormitories, auditoriums, stadiums, athletic facilities, and a modern indoor swimming pool. The university also has a fully- equipped hospital that serves both the faculty and the students.
A number of student associations including the Painting and Calligraphy Club, Drama Club, English Club, Dancing Group, Chinese Traditional Opera Club and a wide variety of arts and cultural activities can be found at SDUFE. The university often holds various music arts and literary festivals, such as the Welcome Evening Party. Singers Contest, College Student Association Culture Festival, etc.